Building the Family

Building the Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Chinese Fortunes - That's All Folks




As you can see, this set of fortunes has sage advice about all the people that bless and influence our lives. These suggest happiness, good company, good advice, friendship and joy all are derived from others. Perhaps more importantly the second one says to praise others. "Someone" said that we usually only offer 1 compliment for each 10 negative comments. Let's reverse that......


I have a saying for my kids: "Life isn't fair and will have its problems. You can be happy or grumpy about it. So choose to be happy."



I guess I will travel to many exotic places including on the water! How true it has been and continues! I've been to China, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Brazil, many islands of the Carribean, Central and South America, Canada and some cool places in the US! And it continues...





Well the journey through my Chinese fortunes has ended.....for now. Hope it was at least interesting for you, if not fun! I don't really believe that 'luck' happens, but rather that it is created. People that work hard, do things, try, think, execute, network, etc., tend to also invite 'luck'.

Create your own 'luck'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi rich and deb,i really enjoyed your trip and the beautiful scenery.Question? Why did you keep all your fortunes if you don't believe? thank goodness they are small piecces of paper or you would really get weighted down. love both,tons!!Mom W.